Thursday, December 29, 2005

...DUSA Election 2005...




Let's talk about Election stuff this time. My day story is just boring... OK... Deakin University is under going a major deal of nominations opening for the Deakin University Student Association election 2005 (http://www.deakin.edu.au/dusa/elections).

Guess what. I ended up have to nominate myself in two positions. There are: (1) Student Council - International Rep and (2) Burwood Campus - Campus International Rep. Which one of my friend asked me to join as well. Just in case either he or I can't get in to the Student Council position.

Here goes, I must get my policy statement done for both or just one. Since I'll be going for different positions, I'll have different goals. Anyway, Deakin University International Students, Are you interested of having a 'International Room'?

Do you know that Waurnponds campus has 'International Room'? and it's going very well. So colouful is what I can say.

Want to get the IT Lab into 24 hours for those of you studying MIT or BIT?

You want it, you got it, if I win any of the positions for 2005.

So yah.. Don't worry. I have been volunteering for Deakin International for 3 semesters in First Link Leader & Peer Support Leader. I ended up having 4 certificates in 3 semesters. Basically, if I'm in 3 semesters, how come I got 4 certificates. Think of it, I got offer two positions to work for in Deakin International in one semester time. No one has done that amazing and tiring two different job in one semester. But I did it.. and I'm the only one in, let say, Deakin International history.

Volunteered myself for Multicultural night in decoration area in semester 2, 2003. Which was fun and I sang there as well. Hey.. I did sing ok... People wanted more performances. So, I volunteered myself.

For this Multicultural night, semester 2, 2004, my friend - Thao (tpth@deakin.edu.au) and I are in charge of the Performance area. If you can perform or willing to perform for the Deakin University - Multicultural night semester 2, 2004, please email me - slat@deakin.edu.au or call me if it's emergency last minute - 0411324966. This event is going to be on the (Burwood Campus) 6th September 2004 (Monday) , 5pm - 8pm in Building H4, Lower Level (Cafetaria). No car to help in Performance area, I can get some one to pick you up. Who says I can't use the Deakin Uni car.

Ok.. next. I did helped up in the Student Support Housing for DUSA a week (Semester 2, 2004) as a driver. Driving new International/Exchange students to find accommodation. It's kind of cool, I really like the darn job for 20 hours a week. Damn that they just want only a week. I miss meeting up with new people that time.

A founder and was a President (2003 - 2004) for Deakin International Students' Network (DUSA). Am the Vice-President and am happy with my positions, still I have to take care of the club on and off. Now, I stepped down due to the DUSA Election 2005 which I have to concentrate more. We are getting lotz of International/Exchange students to join us. If you want more info, email me - disnet_deakin@yahoo.co.uk.

What else - Heard of the Southern University Games 2004. Guess what, I volunteered myself in the media department and I got to chat with Ballarat University students. They are cool people, did got them to persuade me to live in Geelong for one night and go party. Can't believe that I was there and met a few Ballarat University volunteers and soccer players. Most of the people that I know are in Soccer area. Hahaha.. Yupe, ended up with the soccer gang.

Join the Malaysian Association Student Council of Australia (Victoria), am the accommodation officer waiting for the other states coming down for the national games. Can't wait to know new people especially from Malaysia. Anyway, sorry that I can't attend the Malaysian Ball this coming Friday (20th August 2004), I'm so stuck with so many things. So sorry Jack (the president of MASCA), at least, aaron is there to back me up. I have full support for you in the National Games. OK? You can count on me to work at that time. No worries - 24 hours on call.

Still got lotz more of volunteer events that I'll join. Heard of AFS? HhaaThat's for the Victoria major volunteer association. I'll type the URL next time, I don't know where I put it at the moment.

Ok.. I need to go shower. Got 9am class tomorrow and have to go stress myself with friends to search for performances. Till then... Deakin University International students, vote for me yah.. Don't forget you know. I need you to build a better International Students' lifestyle in Deakin University. It's you that you are to be comfortable in your stay here. Chao.. don't get stress studying all the time. Do some volunteer stuff as long as you pass all. Tell you one thing, I have never fail in my units for last 3 semesters even though I have done many volunteer work. I love it and my goal is to score all units to get me through a Bachelor of Contemporary Arts certificate end of this year, 2004. Yah... Anything you want me to help, don't hesitate to email me and call me.. I'll do my best to get you things that you are not satisfied with Deakin University if I didn't get both of the positions. I know people around Deakin University. That's the main point. K?

In the picture is me (ADrianaTan), Thao & Ai-Li (DISNet secretary). We are the loyal 3 semesters' Peer support leaders for Deakin International.

No comments: