Thursday, May 03, 2007

~The memory of my piano~

Today I was working from 11am till 9pm. It was a long day but not long that I'm working so many hours now cause my manager said that when I'm tired or not in tune with my mood - I always have complaints just like this morning.

Oh yah, I saw that I was not paid for that that 15 mins cause the client was not happy with the eyelash tint. I haven't complaint and she complained about me not doing it long enough as she doesn't come back to have another eyelash tint for another 6 weeks. For me, she keep on flickering her eyes as she's so sensitive to the touch of the cotton bud. Waste my time, if I know I won't be doing the whole half and hour of Indian head and shoulder massage since SHE WAS LATE. I know... I know... even though clients are always correct but then hey, I'm not paid to wait for you being LATE.
Ok... ok... Back to my original topic!
My last client was an old lady, very slow but nice person. I was so happy cause I thought that I can go back home 15 mins earlier. Guess what, she's SLOWWWWWWW..... and talks alot when doing the facial for the first 10 minutes. Talking and talking and talking, I can't even remove her lipstick on her lips cause she was talking. I was like... ARHRRHRHRHRHRHhhh! Shut up for a while and let me do the removal and I want to go back home early.
While, things got too intense until we were talking about music. She plays organ for church, funeral, weddings so on and so forth. I'm a piano player and she does play piano too, she has a grand piano that was with her for 20 years and she wants to sell it off cause she got a small house by herself that is under mortgage. Anyway, we were talking about piano and I was so emotional talking about my piano that I nearly cried because I really love my piano.
My piano was like my friend, that I share my frustation, anger, happiness, craziness, mood swing and many more. Without it, I don't know where my emotions go to just like since I left home from 2000. But at least when I was in Penang college, I got to play piano once in awhile. I have friends over here that owns the piano and when I said can I play... they were like aiya, don't be a DRAMA QUEEN, what's so great of touching a piano for.
They who do not own an instrument do not understand the love and passion for the sound to come out from THE instrument. It was a tune that makes the world light up that changes the whole environment. Oh yes, it was my light when I was down. It was my friend when I need one. It was like my mother when I need it to talk to me. It was like my father that understands my heart and support me through the tough times. It was like my baby cause I got an instrument to care for and cherish for long. It was like my lover cause I know I can relly on it. It was like my every thing in this world.
This is how my love goes to my beloved piano that was sold when I was 18 years old preparing to go out of the house and be a young adult that does not have to get support by it anymore. I was forced to sell and not willing to be as my parents do not want to have burden with it anyore. I cried over the week and cried even more when the seller came to buy the piano and remove it from my home. That time my beloved baby was gone physically for good.
I wonder where did it go to and does that little girl or boy takes good care of it. I wonder how my beloved piano was treated cause I treat my piano like a princess. My parents bought it when we were still living in West Malaysia and shipped it all the way to Sabah - East Malaysia. Eventually, that piano does cost more than any of my belongings.
Yes, tears were coming down when I tried to hide it so that my client cannot sees it. My last client connected me with my long lost instrument and I'm glad that she reminded me the old memory that buried in my heart for a long time and get to share with someone that enjoys the instrument and the beautiful sound that we made to be beautiful to other people.
I was a young pianist, I was a church pianist, I was a piano teacher to some friends and kids, I was who I was back then with the love of music.

No comments: